1. OBTAIN A MORTGAGE PRE-APPROVAL
Reach out to a referred lender and get pre-approved
before looking for homes.
2. THINK ABOUT THE LOCATION AND COST OF POSSIBLE HOMES
Discuss your home wants and needs with your real
3. SELECT PROPERTIES TO VIEW
This is always the fun part!
4. VIEW PROPERTIES
This can be fun but also time consuming so plan out
your schedule ahead of time.
5. WRITE AN OFFER TO PURCHASE
Once you have found a home you love, make a
6. NEGOTIATE THE TERMS
Negotiate terms and any contingencies in the contract
7. ACCEPT THE CONTRACT
Congratulations! You are nearly halfway there.
8. DISCUSS A HOME WARRANTY WITH YOUR AGENT
Coldwell Banker offers a home warranty through
American Home Shield.
9. CONDUCT INSPECTIONS
Such as home, septic, chimney and well
10. OBTAIN MORTGAGE FINANCING
You will need a mortgage commitment in order to
proceed toward closing.
11. REMOVE ANY ENCUMBRANCES AND RESOLVE ISSUES
Remove any liens and make sure any open permits are
12. CONDUCT A TITLE SEARCH
Confirm the property's legal ownership and make sure
title is clean.
13. OBTAIN TITLE INSURANCE
Your closing agent or attorney will choose your title
insurer for you.
14. SECURE HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE
You will need to obtain a homeowners insurance
policy to cover your home and its assets.
15. OBTAIN FUNDS FOR CLOSING AND CLOSE ON YOUR NEW HOME